Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Old Man's War by John Scalzi review

 
 I think my expectations for this book were too high.  After seeing on Goodreads that it is voted as the best sci-fi novel behind Ready Player One, I was giddy to read it as Ready Player One is by far my favorite book that isn't part of a series.
     Was this book worth the read?  Absolutely! The story never faltered and I finished it the fastest of any books I've read recently, but I realized that this may have been TOO sci-fi for me.
     An intergalactic battle raging between so many different species and all the technicalities that go along with it had me skimming through paragraphs where the detail was just too much for my tastes.
     Read this by all means as it definitely is a fantastic story, just be prepared to skip a few pages if you're not into learning details about how to fight a Consu or a Rraey in the best way possible (I don't think it will come up in any real life conversations anytime soon).

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment