Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Friday, November 3, 2017

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green review



I've come to the conclusion that John Green books just don't affect me the way they do other people.  The writing was good, I think he did an excellent job of capturing the things that go through your mind when you have a mental illness, and I loved all the characters as I usually do with his books....but I always feel like there's not really a plot.  These kids just go about their daily lives and it's a biography of what they experience each day rather than there being an "endgame" and it's been this way with every one of his books for me.  I'd give this one 3.5 stars simply for how beautifully he did capture Aza's thoughts and illness, but the story as a whole only gets about a 2.5 out of 5 because it was kinda boring.

Rating:  3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment