Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis

So...it was good, just not as good as I expected.  If there is a 2nd installment (which I think there will be), I will read it but it's not one that I have listed in my calendar so that I'm in the bookstore the day it's released.  I liked the characters, but this reminded me a lot of the book Ashfall in that you get very detailed descriptions of daily routines...I actually feel like I can smoke my own meat if an apocalypse happens now.  Unlike Ashfall though, I didn't become very attached to the people in the book, and the love story was just horrible.  The plus side of the character writing is that this is one of the strongest female leads I have seen since Tris or Katniss.

3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment