Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder review

     I've read The Fault in our Stars 3 times now, but even on my first reading of it I didn't cry because I felt like I knew what was going to happen before it did (don't get me wrong, I did tear up, I just didn't let loose).  The movie was another story.  I was crying so hard watching it that I couldn't even breathe.
     This book was the same as that for me.  I felt the waterworks coming on, but everything ended so abruptly that the sad part was over before it even began. I really hope they make a movie out of this so that I may have the same reaction as I did to TFIOS movie.  To me, it's not a good movie unless it can make you weep like a 2 year old that wants a toy and his mom won't get it for him.
      I did love the book though.  I read the reviews on the back from other authors talking about how funny it was, and I was like "how can a book about a girl with cancer be funny?" but I ate my words pretty quickly.  When the part about the donkey falling out of the U-Haul came up I was laughing like a lunatic and my fiance looked at me like I had lost it.  I've always been a sucker for a sarcastic sense of humor that matches mine and this author definitely has that.
     If you loved TFIOS and want something similar then definitely pick this up. Just know that although there's a love story and it's great, it's no Hazel and Augustus.

Rating:  3.5 out of 5 stars
   

No comments:

Post a Comment