Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Book Recommendations

     On my last poll I asked what everyone's favorite genre was for books, and the majority of those who voted said Dystopian/Sci-Fi/Post Apocalyptic, so since this is my favorite also I thought I would give a few recommendations that may help you with what to read next:

1. The Hunger Games - don't count it out just because it's listed as YA.  An amazing book even for adults!
2. Ready Player One- some people may not enjoy this, but for myself, having grown up in the 80's and 90's, it had some great pop culture references that brought back a lot of nostalgia
3. The Road- McCarthy's writing style is very unique and a lot of people don't like the lack of "" in his books, but this is one of the few books I've found myself re-reading over the past few years when I don't have any new books that seem buy-worthy.
4. The Dark Tower Series- don't start these unless you plan on a year long relationship with the series as there are 7 in the series, but trust me, it will be worth it
5. The Uglies Series- another YA series that I really enjoyed, although it was a few years ago that I completed it, so not sure how I would feel now that I've read so many other great sci-fi books
6. Red Hill- zombies, nuff said
7. Pure- the third book in this trilogy was definitely lacking, but the first two more than made up for it
8. Life as we Knew It- all three books in this series were great
9. Divergent- the way this series ended was a very gutsy move on the author's part, but one that has stuck with me for a while now.


     I hope these are some recommendations you haven't read yet, but if you have, offer me a few suggestions also.  I'm always looking for new great books :) Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment