Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

More Than This by Patrick Ness review

     I read A Monster Calls (or should I say looked at the pretty pictures since there wasn't too much of a story) and The Knife of Never Letting Go a couple years ago and I was very impressed with Mr. Ness's writing style, so when I saw that one of my friends on Goodreads strongly recommended this book I decided to give it a shot, and although I didn't like it as much as Knife it was still a good fast read.
      Part sci-fi, part post-apocalyptic, it kept me hooked from start to finish wanting to know where the main character actually was (Hell? a dream? a wasteland of the real world?) and did not disappoint with the numerous plot twists within to keep me guessing.
     My only real complaint about this book is the ending, which I'm sure has been mentioned by other readers before me.
     Although we get answers to a few of our questions, there are so many more that were left unanswered....**spoilers! do not read beyond this point if you intend on reading the book!**...who was the Driver really? Was he a robot? An alien? A superhuman? Why did he save Seth after trying to kill him?  What happened once Seth went back into the coffin?  Etc, etc.
     I don't know if there will ever be a sequel to this book.
     Immediately after reading I opened Google to see if there would be a continuation, but it's been 3 years since the novel came out so surely by now there would have at least been rumors of a sequel if there was to be one :(
     Definitely read this one if you were a fan of the movies The Road or I Am Legend as this book strongly reminded me of those.  See you at the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment