Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen review


     This is not the type of book I typically read but after the first plot twist I was so sucked in that I had to know what happened and then there were even more twists after that! 
     I'm usually pretty good at predicting what might happen in a book plot but each time it caught me so off guard that I would have to go back and re-read the last few pages because I would have one of those "what just happened" moments. 
     I absolutely loved it, so good down to the very last page! 
     I especially loved how this book was able to show how an abusive relationship can come to be and why a woman doesn't just "get out". 
     I hate it when people say that about women in abusive relationships and I think everyone who tries to play know it all and say "why don't they just leave" should read this to get some understanding.       My mom went through this and the scenarios in this book really hit home because it's a lot of the same things she would describe to me; how my dad could be the most amazing person and she would think he was truly sorry but then things would be good for a while and it would start all over again....it's heartwrenching to know that Nellie/Vanessa's story isn't technically true but for so many women it is something they DO go through on a daily basis. 
     I highly recommend this book to anyone.  Like I said, I'm usually a reader of scifi/dystopian and I still thought it was incredible!

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment