Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Vicious by V.E. Schwab review


I thought I loved A Darker Shade of Magic.  Then I read this book and it's like when you fall in love for the first time ever but then years down the road find your soul mate and realize it was just puppy love anytime before that.  This book is my soul mate read to ADSoM's puppy love.  I adore the writing style, the characters are flawed and amazing and it's easy to see both sides of the rivalry and feel bad for both (and hate them both at times too).  After reading this one I had to immediately buy Vengeful and even though I want to devour it I also don't want the story to end so I just stare at it sitting on my bedside table and don't allow myself to read more than a few pages at a time because it's just THAT good and I can't bear the thought of waiting 10 more years or however long it was between this first book and that one without anything this amazing to keep me satisfied in between.  READ IT, even if you don't like Victoria's YA books (which I don't) I think anyone would love this one who likes any hint of magic in their books.  It reminded me a lot of the movie Chronicle except with a waaaay better plot.

5 out of 5 stars


1 comment:

  1. I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is something not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy that I stumbled across this during my hunt for something regarding this. Reality Capture Crack
    Revit Crack

    ReplyDelete