Welcome to The Spoiler Alert!

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31434883-eleanor-oliphant-is-completely-fine

I really liked this! Reading the blurb I was like, "Yes, I am so Eleanor. My mom is my best friend, I avoid human interaction at all costs, and I love me some vodka!" 

Once I got into the story I realized I am so not Eleanor (I like my fashion and makeup too much and I'm much more a dog person) but it didn't make the book any less enjoyable. 

Until I got used to Eleanor's demeanor I thought she was quite rude to people, but halfway through the novel my opinion changed and I began rooting for her when I realized that this her persona and she doesn't even realize how she comes across to people which made some of her interactions even more enjoyable, i.e "who's Zumba?"

I always try to say I enjoy books without a love interest but I did so want Eleanor and Raymond to live happily ever after. She deserved it! No spoilers as to whether it happened or not though, you'll have to read it to find out yourself because Eleanor Oliphant is soooooo not fine and her story is amazing and you have to experience it yourself!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment